Tuesday, 22 September 2009


"Much of it lands in West Africa. An investigation by the Mail on Sunday found computers which once belonged to the NHS being broken up and burnt by children on Ghanaian rubbish dumps. They were trying to extract copper and aluminium by burning off the plastics, with the result that they were inhaling lead, cadmium, dioxins, furans and brominated flame retardants. Tests in another of the world's great fly-tips, Guiyu in China, show that 80% of the children of that city have dangerous levels of lead in their blood."

From George Monbiot's article in the Guardian today.

So the EU's WEEE directive is working then!

Soon all these good things will be on our doorstep too,its only fair to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment